Today’s Outline of the Podcast
Making Sacrifices to do a Startup; Leaving a 6-Figure Job; Emotions During the Journey
Segment 1: (Length :13:00) – General Updates; Introduction to Andrew Reid (Entrepreneur /Co-Founder of a Startup called Tipsy)
Segment 2: (Length :07:00) – Sacrifices of Entrepreneurship
Segment 3: (Length :07:00) – Current Venture; Missteps along the way.
Segment 4: (Length :07:00) – Advice he’d give to entrepreneurs; What’s next for Tipsy
Segment 5: (Length :03:00) – Hustler Thought of the Day:
Start something you won’t quit from.
- Working 7 days a week for the last 6 months. No break.
- Working a lot without getting paid.
- Quitting a 6-figure job. Sold his car. Moved back with the family.
- When first approaching liquor stores to come on board it was a trail of no’s. Literally hit every store in my city and only convinced one to partner up with us at first.
- Figuring out how to stand apart from the competition.
- Having stores do our deliveries had been a mess. Had to trouble shoot the situation and drive to houses personally to apologize.
- Started without a business model. Just went for it.
- Our recent indiegogo is our first “failure”. But, we are going to pivot to maximize our exposure.